DreamCloud VS Saatva: Which Mattress is Better?
Saatva and DreamCloud are popular mattress brands known for producing high-quality mattresses to suit various sleeping styles. If you’re considering DreamCloud and Saatva, there are a few factors you need to consider. For one, The DreamCloud mattress brand has two hybrid mattresses – the DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress and the DreamCloud Premier. Both are medium-feel and available in six standard sizes, although DreamCloud offers additional split-size options.
Saatva offers three mattress options for adults – the Saatva Classic, Saatva HD, and the Saatva Latex Hybrid. The three models are available in six standard sizes plus a split California king option.
In this comprehensive Saatva VS DreamCloud mattress comparison article, we’re going to focus on the DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress and the Saatva Classic.
Key Highlights: DreamCloud VS Saatva
We spend about a third of our lives asleep, so the mattress you buy is a big decision. Before we delve into the details, let’s first look at the key similarities and differences between the DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid and Saatva Classic mattresses.
- Innerspring coil systems– both mattresses feature a supportive coil system.
- Supportive base– both have a supportive base, so they cradle your body during the night.
- Durable– DreamCloud and Saatva use high-end materials to make mattresses, plus expert construction.
If you can’t decide between the two mattresses, here are some key areas in which they differ.
- Size– The DreamCloud mattress is a little higher than the Saatva Classic.
- Firmness – DreamCloud produces firm mattresses, and its Luxury Hybrid is no different.
- Pricing– The DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress costs less than the Saatva Classic
- Customization – DreamCloud offers one standard option mattress, while Saatva has room for customization based on factors like height and firmness level.
DreamCloud VS Saatva: Construction
DreamCloud’s popular mattress, the DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress, combines multiple forms of comfort and support in the form of gel, foam, and innerspring coil technology. With five luxury layers, it comes at a firmness level of 6.5.
- Ultra-soft cover– Combines cashmere and quilted foam for a cozy and cool cover.
- Pressure relief comfort layer– A gel memory foam to provide relief and contour to the shape of your body. The layer also helps in temperature control, ensuring you stay cool all night.
- Sink-in layer – The sink-in-just-right layer ensures balance when you sit or lie on the bed.
- Targeted support coil layer– The individually wrapped coils adapt to your body and help in custom relief. The layer is part of DreamCloud’s stay-put technology that ensures you don’t feel your partner tossing and turning in their sleep.
- The base layer– This is the layer that holds everything together and ensures that all other layers perform at the highest level.
The Saatva Classic focuses on providing more nights of restorative sleep, thanks to the expert construction of each layer.
- Breathable sleep surface– The top layer has a 3″ contouring Euro pillow top with Lumbar Zone Quilting technology that provides ample support in the center third of the mattress since that’s where you need it the most. The fabric consists of naturally breathable and hypoallergenic organic cotton that helps promote cooler sleep.
- Enhanced back support– This layer comes with Lumbar Zone Active Spinal Wire to ensure your spine remains in healthy alignment. There is also high-density memory foam that offers great pressure relief.
- Responsive coils– The coils contour to the shape of your body to relieve pressure and improve circulation. They are also firmer in the center third of the mattress.
- The base layer– A dual-coil design with tempered steel for maximum durability to help prevent sagging in the long run. This helps to improve airflow, giving you a cool, comfortable sleep every night.
Firmness, Feeling, and Comfort
The DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress
On the firmness scale, the DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid mattress has a luxury firmness score of 6.5. The sturdy innerspring coil system ensures that there isn’t too much sagging and that you sink perfectly into the mattress.
The DreamCloud mattress falls under the hybrid category, although it feels more like an innerspring. The memory foam provides a little cushioning value thanks to the bouncy and springy feel of the coils. Because of that, the DreamCloud mattress is ideal for combination sleepers because moving and tossing around feels comfortable.
The Saatva Classic Mattress
The Saatva Classic model has a firmness score of about 7. The pillow top is very soft, and while the innerspring layers balance that out, it is a little less firm than DreamCloud. The dual-coil design ensures that the mattress doesn’t sag after some time.
The mattress also has an innerspring feel despite the soft pillow layer on top. The innerspring technology makes it feel like you are sleeping on the mattress and not in it. And just like the DreamCloud hybrid, the Saatva mattress also has a good bounce making it easy and comfortable to change positions.
DreamCloud VS Saatva: Type of Sleeper
The DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress is a great choice for back sleepers, thanks to the targeted lumbar support that helps distribute weight and keep the pressure off your lower back. Due to the firm feel, it might not work as well for side sleepers as you may feel like you’re experiencing too much pressure on the hips and shoulders.
As for Saatva, the mattress is popular for its support and a good choice for back sleepers. Side sleepers may not feel comfortable with the Saatva Classic model, but the Plush model works well. When it comes to back or stomach sleeping, the Saatva mattress is a good choice, thanks to the solid support that doesn’t allow your hips to sink into the bed.
DreamCloud VS Saatva: Performance Differences
The benefit of innerspring coils is that they leave plenty of room for air circulation, ensuring a relaxed, all-night sleep. The DreamCloud mattress has a sturdy innerspring coil system and gel-infused memory foam that helps draw heat away from the body to keep you cool all night. In the Saatva mattress, while there isn’t any gel foam, the dual-coil layers help promote better air circulation.
If you’ve ever slept with someone who turns and tosses all night, you know how uncomfortable it can be. Motion isolation is whether you can feel movement in all areas of the mattress from one part or not.
DreamCloud’s mattress absorbs a reasonable amount of motion with its low-motion transfer layer. The mattress has a nice bounce that is great for combination sleepers. Saatva also works well to reduce motion transfer, but you may feel motion if the movement is intensive.
Edge support is an essential factor to consider if you sleep at the edge of the bed. The Saatva Classic is the best mattress in this category, thanks to its two coil layers that help support you when sitting or lying at the edge of the bed.
Price Comparison: Saatva VS DreamCloud
When shopping for a new mattress, the price point is something to consider. In most cases, DreamCloud mattresses are more affordable than Saatva Classic mattresses.
The DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Queen will cost you $999, while the same Saatva mattress costs $1558. DreamCloud includes extra accessories such as:
- Two premier contours pillows
- Premier cooling mattress protector
- Premier sheet set
DreamCloud VS Saatva: Warranty, Trial Period, and Return
Both companies offer a 365-day sleep trial and lifetime warranties. With DreamCloud, however, there is a mandatory 30-day break-in period with no return fees. Saatva doesn’t insist on a mandatory break-in period but charges a $99 return fee.
Both mattresses are high quality and come with supportive innerspring coils. They also come with a 365-day sleep trial and lifetime warranty. However, some differences stand out, such as firmness levels.
So, which is the best mattress? It all comes down to your preference. Saatva offers three firmness levels, while DreamCloud has one standard firmness level. Each mattress, therefore, serves different sleepers. The DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid is slightly more affordable and perfect for those who prefer firmer mattresses and back sleepers.
The Saatva Classic is ideal for anyone who fancies a luxurious mattress on the softer side, as well as back and side sleepers. It is also suitable for anyone who wants to choose from different firmness options to customize their mattress rather than a standard firmness.
There’s a lot that goes into your mattress purchase decision. Remember that your sleep position, size, weight, and personal preferences play a part in the buying journey. If you’re still undecided, check out our mattress reviews, where we dive deep into the top mattress brands on the market.