Pros & Cons
- Can choose your own firmness to suit your needs
- Free shipping and lifetime warranty
- 120 night trial period
- Handmade mattresses that are made to order
- Breathable, cooling features
- No old mattress removal
- No white glove delivery
Sizes & Pricing
WinkBeds mattresses come in six sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cal King. The original WinkBed is 13.5” tall. The GravityLux model is 11” tall. Finally, the EcoCloud is 12.5” tall. Here are the rest of the details about the dimensions and prices of these mattresses:
Twin: 38 x 75” – The twin-size WinkBed costs $1049; the GravityLux costs $1099; and the EcoCloud costs $1299.
Twin XL: 38 x 80” – The twin XL-size WinkBed costs $1149; the GravityLux costs $1199; and the EcoCloud costs $1399.
Full: 54 x 75” – The full-size WinkBed costs $1299; the GravityLux costs $1399; and the EcoCloud costs $1499.
Queen: 60 x 80” – The queen-size WinkBed costs $1599; the GravityLux costs $1599; and the EcoCloud costs $1799.
King: 76 x 80” – The king-size WinkBed costs $1799; the GravityLux costs $1799; and the EcoCloud costs $2199.
Cal King: 72 x 84” – The Cal king-size WinkBed costs $1799; the GravityLux costs $1799; and the EcoCloud costs $2199.
WinkBeds often has sales, so you’ll tend to find their actual prices to be lower than their non-sale prices listed above. WinkBeds mattresses come with a 120 night trial period, free shipping and returns, and a lifetime warranty. Financing is available on the WinkBeds website with as low as 0% APR.
WinkBeds is a startup mattress company that is looking to shake things up in the world of luxury hybrid mattresses. They have an online-only business model, which allows them to reduce overhead and middlemen and offer luxurious mattresses at much cheaper prices than what you would pay in a traditional retail store. WinkBeds offers three mattress models, all of which are handmade: the WinkBed, the GravityLux, and the EcoCloud. All WinkBed mattresses are made in the USA.
WinkBeds mattresses are hybrids, meaning that they combine coils along with foam or latex. Here are the construction details for each of the WinkBeds mattress models available:
- Euro-Pillow Top with Gel-Infused Foam: The top layer beneath the cover of the mattress provides support and melts away pressure in your body.
- Individually Wrapped Pocketed Coils: This layer of pocketed coils is designed to provide you with support and encourage airflow.
- Extra-Edge Support System: This layer is present along the edges of the mattress. It provides support so that you can sit on the edges of the mattress, or sleep on the edge of the bed without feeling like you are going to slide off the mattress.
- Patented AirCell Memory Foam: Beneath the mattress cover, you’ll find this memory foam layer that contains shock-absorbing air capsules to relieve pressure. It also reduces motion transfer and provides more airflow so that you’ll sleep cooler at night.
- Progression Foam: This next layer specifically supports the hips and lumbar region.
- Atlas Core Foam: This layer is made up of 1.8 lb density foam for overall mattress durability and preventing the dreaded sag that other mattresses may fall prey to.
- Talaylay Latex Comfort Layer: This 4” layer resides beneath the mattress cover. It provides firm support to lumbar region and low back. The support to the shoulder and hips areas is softer to promote pressure relief just where you need it.
- Zoned Individually-Wrapped Innerspring Support System: WinkBeds boasts that these coils are made from recycled steel. They provide targeted support and pushback to the heaviest areas of the body.
- Extra Edge Anti-Sag Support System: This final layer reinforces the edges of the mattress for greater edge support and the prevention of sagging.
The WinkBed features a eucalyptus-based Tencel cover. It is designed to keep users cool and dry.
The GravityLux also has a Tencel cover, however this cover is a step above the original WinkBed cover in that it also includes 2” of gel-infused foam. The result is that heat and moisture are drawn away from the body.
The EcoCloud’s cover is made of a combination of cotton and New Zealand wool. These natural materials keep you feeling fresh, cool, and clean all night long.
Firmness, Feel & Support
One of the great things about WinkBeds is the ability to choose your firmness level in certain mattress models. The original WinkBed gives you a choice of four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and Plus – Heavier People. The most popular by far is the Luxury Firm, which is 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale (with 10 being the firmest). This is considered to be similar to most hotel mattresses. The Soft is considered a 4.5 so it’s best for side sleepers or particularly light weight individuals. The Firm is a 7.5 out of 10, so most sleepers feel like they are lying “on” the mattress instead of “in” it. Finally, the Plus ranks an 8 and uses more high-density foam for increased durability and support.
The GravityLux model is available in three firmness choices: Soft (4/10), Medium (5/10), and Firm (7/10). The medium is the most popular firmness for the GravityLux mattress.
The EcoCloud is only available in Medium firmness, a 5 out of 10 on the firmness scale.
All WinkBed mattresses are designed to reduce motion transfer. The GravityLux is slightly bouncier and more responsive than the WinkBed. Each mattress, regardless of the model, features cooling properties to prevent heat retention.
Purchase & Delivery Process
All WinkBeds mattresses can be purchased directly on their website. Simply choose your desired model, size, and firmness level (if applicable) and add it to your online shopping cart. Financing is available if you choose “bread” at checkout.
Each mattress is handmade to order, so shipping can take 7-10 business days via UPS ground shipping. Mattresses arrive compressed in an easy-to-maneuver 20″ x 20″ x 44″ box. Old mattress removal is not available. In the case of a return, however, WinkBeds will come and pick up your mattress from your home.
WinkBeds mattresses come with a 120 night trial period and a lifetime warranty. Returns are free if you decide you don’t like the mattress within the 120 night trial period. If you decide to exchange your mattress, you’ll get a 60 day trial on the new one.
WinkBeds includes a helpful FAQ section on their website. Live chat is available during business hours. You can also contact WinkBeds via phone or email.
Phone SupportWinkBeds customer support can be reached by phone.
Live Online ChatLive chat is available during business hours.
Video TutorialsWinkBeds has a YouTube channel.
FAQAn FAQ section is available on the site.
It’s easy to see why WinkBeds would be a popular mattress brand. After all, each mattress is handmade to order and to your specifications. The range of firmness levels means that WinkBeds offers something for everyone. The lifetime warranty gives customers peace of mind, as does the 120 night trial period that can be used before deciding if you really want to keep the mattress. Combined with the frequent sales offered by WinkBeds, these mattresses are certainly worth a try!