Pros & Cons
- Award-winning mattresses
- 120 night risk-free trial and lifetime warranty
- Sleep recovery technology
- Superior cooling features
- White glove delivery
- Additional $100 to ship to Alaska or Hawaii
- Warranties for Original and Pro models are for fewer years than the warranty for the Hybrid
Sizes & Pricing
Each of the four Bear Mattress models are available in seven sizes. The original Bear Mattress is 10″ tall, the Pro is 12″ tall, and the Hybrid and Elite Hybrid are 14″ tall.
- Twin: 39 x 75″ – $748 (Original), $1265 (Pro), $1298 (Hybrid), $1721 (Elite Hybrid)
- Twin XL: 39 x 80″ – $811 (Original), $1365 (Pro), $1398 (Hybrid), $1782 (Elite Hybrid)
- Full: 54 x 75″ – $873 (Original), $1415 (Pro), $1498 (Hybrid), $1917 (Elite Hybrid)
- Queen: 60 x 80″ – $998 (Original), $1465 (Pro), $1732 (Hybrid), $2111 (Elite Hybrid)
- King: 76 x 80″ – $1248 (Original), $1465(Pro), $2132 (Hybrid), $2511 (Elite Hybrid)
- Cal King: 72 x 84″ – $1248 (Original), $1865 (Pro), $2132 (Hybrid), $2511 (Elite Hybrid)
- Split King: 76 x 80″ – $1622 (Original), $2730 (Pro), $2796 (Hybrid), $3565 (Elite Hybrid)
Shipping is free, and each mattress comes with a 120-night trial period and a lifetime warranty.
Bear Mattress was founded in 2014 by Scott Paladini. The company specializes in producing mattresses for physically-active people, and you’ll notice a number of athletes pictured on their website and offering testimonials. The company currently offers four mattress models and has won numerous awards.
The Original Bear Mattress consists of the following three layers:
- Memory Foam Infused with Graphite Gel: This very special type of memory foam is used on the top layer to create a surface that is seven times cooler than traditional memory foam.
- Highly Responsive Memory Foam: This layer is designed to provide excellent support and mobility. Bear’s special foam has a faster response time, so it will adjust to your movements more quickly than other types of memory foam.
- High-Density Support Foam: This bottom layer consists of high-density support foam, giving your mattress a sturdy, durable base. It also makes up the mattress’s overall shape.
The Bear Original is a high-quality, affordable memory foam mattress for sleepers that prefer a firmer mattress.
The Bear Pro Mattress is composed of four layers beneath its cover:
- Copper-Infused Foam: This top layer is designed to help you stay cool and fresh during sleep, thanks to copper’s anti-microbial and moisture-wicking properties.
- Gel Memory Foam: The gel offers additional cooling and dissipates body heat.
- Responsive Transition Foam: This foam layer is a barrier between the soft memory foam layer and the high-density base layer; it increases the mattress’ support and provides pressure-relief.
- High-Density Support Foam: The base layer is made up of high-density foam for durability.
The Bear Pro is a great memory foam mattress and a good choice for athletes and physically-active people.
The Bear Hybrid Mattress features four layers in addition to its cover:
- Copper-infused Memory Foam: This top layer is the same as the Bear Pro’s.
- Premium Comfort Transition Foam: This foam layer contours to your body’s shape, keeping you comfortable during sleep and providing support.
- Innerspring Coil Layer: As a hybrid mattress, this model naturally features coils that provide point pressure-relief and enhanced edge support.
- High-Density Support Foam: As with the Original and Pro, this high-density base layer improves the mattress’ durability.
The Bear Hybrid is a great choice for sleepers looking for an affordable, supportive mattress that sleeps cool.
Bear Elite Hybrid
The Hybrid Elite is Bear’s premium luxury mattress, designed to deliver greater support and help you sleep cooler. The mattress has four layers and an additional cover, and it’s the only Bear mattress with three firmness options.
- Memory foam layer: This top layer isn’t your traditional memory foam; its infused with copper, enhancing its antimicrobial properties and reducing heat retention, keeping you cooler during sleep.
- Cut memory foam layer. This layer is comprised of memory foam that’s been cut to improve air circulation and deliver point-pressure relief.
- Pocket spring layer. Like the Bear Hybrid, the Elite Hybrid includes individually packaged pocket coils that provide point pressure relief and reduce motion transfer. The coils also expand to the mattress’ edges, enhancing the edge support.
- Base layer: As with the other Bear mattresses, the Elite Hybrid has a sturdy base layer designed from high-density foam.
The Elite Hybrid’s superior comfort, cooling technology, zoned support, and excellent edge support make it an excellent choice for couples looking for a luxurious sleep experience.
Most textiles work to trap your body heat. However, the Bear mattresses’ covers are made with ‘Celliant Technology’ – it uses a blend of minerals and proprietary ingredients to reduce body heat by converting it to infrared.
The Bear Original and Pro have simple, breathable covers made using this technology. However, the Bear Hybrid and Elite Hybrid also have phase changing material (PCM) fabric that helps with muscle recovery and enhances the cover’s cooling properties.
Firmness, Feel & Support
Except for the Elite Hybrid (which comes in three different firmness levels), Bear’s remaining three mattresses are medium-firm – with slight differences. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the firmest, the Bear Original Mattress rates a 7.1, the Pro rates a 6.8, and the Hybrid rates a 6.8.
The Elite Hybrid is available in luxury plush, luxury firm, and extra firm options. These firmness levels are soft (rated 5.5), medium (rated 6.5), and firm (rated 7.5), respectively.
The memory foam Bear Original Mattress and Bear Pro offer more of a cradling feel, whereas the Hybrid, with its addition of springs, offers more bounce and less body contouring. The Bear Hybrid and Elite Hybrid also offer superior edge support compared to their memory foam counterparts.
Another advantage of memory foam is that it’s great for motion isolation, meaning you’re less likely to feel your partner or a pet moving in your bed at night.
While all three models feature cooling properties, you’ll sleep coolest on Bear’s hybrid beds. The coils improve airflow and breathability, dissipating body heat and regulating temperature.
Purchase & Delivery Process
You can easily purchase your Bear Mattress online. If you don’t want to pay for your mattress right away, you can choose interest-free financing by selecting Affirm at checkout.
Bear mattresses are shipped in a box via FedEx and delivered for free throughout the contiguous US. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, you’ll need to pay an extra fee for shipping. Bear also offers low-cost white glove delivery and mattress removal services in partnership with LoadUp.
Bear’s customer support team can be reached via live chat, phone, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Customer support is available Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm EST. Bear also has an FAQ section on its website that provides helpful answers to common questions.
Phone SupportBear can be contacted by phone ( +1-844-311-0035) during their business hours, Monday through Friday, 10 am to 6 pm EST.
Live Online ChatLive chat is available on Bear's website.
FAQBear’s website has a comprehensive FAQ section.
BlogBear's website has its own blog.
Bear uses the highest quality materials to manufacture mattresses for athletes and people that live active lifestyles. Their mattresses are designed to help with muscle recovery and restful sleep.
Bear’s mattresses have won numerous awards for their reliability and top-performance – The Elite Hybrid was named best mattress 2022 by Good HouseKeeping. With four different model, Bear has a mattress suited to every sleeper’s needs. Your investment is also safe thanks to the brand’s generous lifetime warranty and 120-night risk-free trial.
Bear ships your mattress to your doorstep for free, and you can opt for mattress removal or white glove delivery services for a small fee. Overall, Bear is an excellent sleep brand with high-quality products and dedicated customer support.