Zoma Mattress ReviewResponsive layers for motion isolation
Zoned support for targeted comfort
Mesh cover keeps you cool at night
Made in the US with CertiPUR foams
100 night trial period & 10 year warranty
Pros & Cons
- Great pressure relief and support
- Reasonable price point
- Cooling cover wicks away heat and moisture
- Designed to support athletes
- May be too firm for side sleepers
- Non-removable cover
Sizes & Pricing
The Zoma Mattress comes in six standard sizes, as well as split king. Each order includes a 100-night sleep trial, a 10-year warranty, and free shipping and returns to the contiguous United States via FedEx.
The cost of a Zoma mattress is about average for an all-foam mattress. The price goes up a few hundred dollars for the hybrid model. Here are the measurements and costs of each size mattress:
- Twin – The twin mattress measures 38” x 74” and normally costs $549 ($849 for a hybrid).
- Twin XL – The twin XL mattress measures 38” x 80” and costs $649 ($949 for a hybrid).
- Full – The full mattress measures 54” x 75” and costs $749 ($1049 for a hybrid).
- Queen – The queen mattress measures 60” x 80” and costs $849 ($1149 for a hybrid).
- King – The king mattress measures 76” x 80” and costs $949 ($1249 for a hybrid).
- Cal King – The cal king mattress measures 72” x 84” and costs $949 ($1249 for a hybrid).
- Split King – The split king mattress consists of two segments measuring 38” x 80” each and costs $1148 ($1748 for a hybrid).
The Zoma mattress is 11″ thick whereas the Zoma hybrid is 12″ thick.
Zoma is a sleep brand offering a therapeutic, “performance-enhancing” all-foam mattress engineered for athletes and individuals with physically demanding lifestyles. It was founded by sleep industry veterans and fitness buffs who wanted to specifically address the needs of athletes, including muscle recovery, pressure relief, and deep, reinvigorating sleep. They offer both an all-foam as well as a hybrid mattress.
The Zoma mattress and Zoma hybrid mattress both consist of three foam layers. The hybrid has the addition of individual pocketed coils.
- Triangulex™ — The top layer delivers targeted comfort, support, and pressure relief with three zoned layers for head and shoulders, hips and lower back, and legs.
- Reactiv™ — This memory foam transition layer provides responsive support that automatically adjusts to your body position and movement and helps minimize motion transfer.
- Support+ — The high-density foam layer contributes to pressure relief and promotes optimal spinal alignment, as well as providing a stable and durable base.
- Individual Pocketed Coils – Hybrid model only. These pocketed coils increase airflow so you sleep cooler, while also providing greater edge support and a more bouncy feel.
All of the materials in the Zoma mattress are certified to CertiPUR-US standards. The mattress contains no ozone depleters, chemical flame retardants, or other harmful chemicals. It also emits low levels of VOCs.
A highly breathable mesh cover keeps sleepers cool throughout the night. It is made of 97% polyester and 3% spandex, and it works to wick away heat and moisture as you sleep.
The Zoma mattress cover is non-removable and spot-clean only.
Firmness, Feel & Support
The Zoma mattress features the memory foam feel with the enhanced benefits of support zones and cooling technology. Back sleepers and stomach sleepers will benefit the most from this medium-firm mattress and its pressure-relieving abilities. However, side sleepers may have the opposite experience—the Zoma mattress may be too firm and increase pressure in the hips and shoulders.
Sleepers will notice minimal sinkage and a more immediate response time than other memory foam mattresses. In other words, it snaps back to its original form quickly. The Zoma mattress is good at reducing motion transfer and offers very little bounce.
With the addition of coils, the Zome hybrid provides more edge support than the original Zoma mattress. It also has a bouncier feel than the all-foam Zoma and is more breathable, meaning that sleepers are cooler at night.
Purchase & Delivery Process
Customers can purchase a Zoma mattress online. Within 3-5 days, orders are processed, mattresses are compressed and packaged into a 19″ x 19″ x 42.5″ box, and shipped with FedEx Ground Curbside Delivery. Once shipped, it may take between 1 and 5 days to arrive at your door. In total, the estimated time between placing and receiving your order is 4 to 10 days. Zoma does not offer white glove delivery or mattress removal.
All orders come with a 100-night trial period, a 10-year warranty, and free shipping and delivery to the contiguous United States. Zoma also delivers to Hawaii and Alaska for a fee.
The Zoma Sports pillow is a supportive and adaptive pillow that is available in queen and king sizes. It is made of a combination of MicroCushions™ CertiPUR-US shredded foam and polyester fiber filling, resulting in customized comfort. All you have to do is shift the MicroCushions™ to your preferred feel. This makes it a good choice regardless of your sleep position. The cover is a lightweight mesh so it’s very breathable. Like Zoma’s mattress, their pillows are also made in the USA. Shipping and returns are free within the contiguous US. The pillows come with a 100-night trial period as well as a 10-year warranty.
Zoma provides customer support via email and phone during business hours: Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM MST. They also feature a FAQ and blog on their website.
Phone SupportCustomers can call Zoma client support toll-free during business hours.
Live Online ChatLive chat is available.
FAQAn FAQ section address questions about the brand, the mattress, shipping, and care.
BlogOn the Zoma website, there is a blog dedicated to subjects related to sleep and fitness.
Though the Zoma mattress is marketed as a “sports mattress” it is a pretty standard all-foam mattress suitable for people of all lifestyles. Its major selling point is the zoned support top layer, which delivers customized support to three zones of the body. Many users have noted that it helped to support the lumbar region while they sleep. Choose this mattress if you are a back or stomach sleeper who prefers a firm mattress. It is also a good choice for budget memory foam mattress shoppers.
The Zoma hybrid mattress, on the other hand, offers good all-over support and a bouncier feel. It also offers edge support and you’ll find that you sleep cooler with it than with Zoma’s all-foam mattress. The prices are fair for a hybrid mattress. This is the mattress you should choose if you tend to sleep hot.