Pros & Cons
- Integrated advanced cooling technology
- Removable, machine washable mattress cover
- Dynamic transition foam adds rebound and bounce
- Supports all sleep positions
- Generous year-long trial period
- May not be supportive enough for heavy bodies
- Does not ship for free to Alaska/Hawaii
- Memory foam may break down over time
Sizes & Pricing
Like all Nectar-brand mattresses, the Nectar Premier and Premier Copper come with a 365-night home trial and a Forever Warranty.
All purchases made through Nectar on their website come with free delivery, returns, and exchanges for orders in the contiguous United States. White glove delivery and delivery to Hawaii or Alaska is available for an additional charge. Orders made on exterior channels, including Amazon or at in-store retailers, may not be subject to the trial period, warranty, or free delivery.
The Nectar Premier and Premier Copper mattresses come in six sizes: twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and cal king.
- The Twin-sized mattress measures 75 x 38 x 13 inches and costs $799.
- The Twin XL-sized mattress measures 80 x 38 x 13 inches and costs $849.
- The Full-sized mattress measures 75 x 39 x 13 inches and costs $1,099.
- The Queen-sized mattress measures 80 x 60 x 13 inches and costs $1,199.
- The King-sized mattress measures 80 x 76 x 31 inches and costs $2,499.
- The Cal King-sized mattress measures 84 x 72 x 13 inches and costs $2,499.
Nectar Premier Copper
- The Twin-sized mattress measures 75 x 38 x 14 inches and costs $1,099.
- The Twin XL-sized mattress measures 80 x 38 x 14 inches and costs $1,149.
- The Full-sized mattress measures 75 x 39 x 14 inches and costs $1,399.
- The Queen-sized mattress measures 80 x 60 x 14 inches and costs $1,499.
- The King-sized mattress measures 80 x 76 x 14 inches and costs $1,799.
- The Cal King-sized mattress measures 84 x 72 x 14 inches and costs $1,799.
Prices for the Nectar Premier series are average for advanced mattresses. Nectar also offers special financing options to qualified buyers.
Nectar Premier and Nectar Premier Copper build upon the brand’s classic 5-layer build, integrating advanced cooling technology, including polyethylene (PE), copper fibers, and phase-change material. The result is a series of dynamic, temperature-neutral gel memory foam mattresses that can adapt to all types of sleepers and sleep positions.
The Nectar Premier and Nectar Premier Copper mattresses each feature three foam layers, a top cover, and a bottom cover. Each is made with CertiPur-US certified foams, which are free of ozone depleters, toxic flame retardants, heavy metals, and any potentially harmful chemicals.
For the most part, the mattresses are very similar. The only differences between the two mattresses concern the thickness of each layer and the integration of copper fibers in the Nectar Premier Copper mattress cover.
Here is a look at each of these layers and their benefits:
- Cooling Action Cover (Nectar Premier) – The quilted mattress cover features polyethylene fiber, a breathable, nanoporous material renowned for its cooling power. It is also moisture-wicking, quick-drying, soft, and cool-to-the-touch.
- Cooling Cover with Copper (Nectar Premier Copper) – An enhanced version of the Cooling Action Cover with integrated copper fibers. Copper is a natural conductor that moves heat away from the body and is also dust mite-repellant and highly antibacterial.
- Nectar Smart Layer with ActiveCool HD – Adaptive phase change material (PCM) and gel memory foam come together for a powerful cooling combo. 3” in the Nectar Premier and 4” in the Premier Copper.
- Dynamic Support Layer – Soft transitional foam offers dynamic response and support. It helps keep the spine aligned and also adds crucial rebound and bounce. 3” in the Nectar Premier and 1” in the Premier Copper.
- Stay-Stable Base – A thick, high-density foam layer constitutes the base of each mattress and is responsible for support, comfort, and durability. 7” in the Nectar Premier and 9” in the Nectar Premier Copper.
- Shift-Resistant Lower Cover – Gripped bottom cover keeps the mattress from slipping and sliding out of place.
Encasing the 3 foam layers of the Nectar Premier mattress is a polyblend cover made of polyester, nylon, spandex, and polyethylene. The key component of the mattress cover is polyethylene (PE), which draws heat away from the body, creating a cooling sensation while you sleep.
The Nectar Premier Copper mattress cover features the same base composition with the addition of copper fibers. Copper works with the PE to enhance overall cooling and help keep the mattress fresh.
All Nectar mattress covers are also washable. Unzip to remove the top mattress cover to wash and dry in the machine on standard settings.
Firmness, Feel & Support
Nectar Premier and Nectar Premier Copper both boast a medium-firm comfort level, ranking 6.5 on the firmness scale. This level of firmness is widely recognized as the “sweet spot,” as it is both comfortable and supportive for all sleep positions. However, heavy-bodied sleepers might find the support of memory foam lacking, especially from the thicker, more plush layers of Nectar Premier Copper.
Memory foam contours to the body, providing a hugging sensation that feels a bit like sinking into the mattress. For an average-sized adult, this equals about 1 to 1.5 inches of sinkage. Memory foam cushions pressure points and sore muscles so that you wake feeling rejuvenated and absorbs motion transfer so you, or both of you, can sleep soundly through restless nights.
The main feature of both of these mattresses is their cooling ability, which is particularly important for memory foam mattresses, as they are more likely to trap heat. By pairing phase change material with gel foam and a cooling cover, the Nectar Premier and Premier Copper mattresses make attractive options for hot sleepers looking for the comfort of memory foam.
Purchase & Delivery Process
Purchases of the Nectar Premier and Premier Copper can be made directly with Nectar on their website. Online purchases come with free delivery within the contiguous US, as well as free returns and exchanges of clean, undamaged mattresses during the 365-night home trial. Customers may request shipping to Hawaii and Alaska for a fee. When ordering online, qualified customers also have the option of selecting a special financing plan. Every Nectar mattress comes with a Forever warranty.
Shipping is handled by FedEx Ground and takes approximately 2-3 business days once your order leaves Nectar’s facilities. If you’ve selected White Glove Delivery for an additional charge, orders may take an extra 2-3 days.
Nectar provides many resources to help their customers shop smartly, including a mattress buying guide, sleep-related content, an FAQ, and more. Customer support agents can also be reached online via email or live chat or over the phone 7 days a week, from 6 AM to 9 PM PST.
24/7 Help & SupportYou can contact a Nectar Sleep support agent 7 days per week during business hours.
Phone SupportYes, phone support is available at 1-888-863-2827.
Live Online ChatLive chat is available for customers during business hours.
Video TutorialsNectar has several video tutorials on their YouTube channel, although not necessarily pertaining to the Premier or Premier Copper mattresses.
FAQThere is a thorough FAQ section on Nectar's website.
BlogNectar has a Better Sleep Blog as well as resources for mattress buying and sleep hacks for sleepers.
Think of the Nectar Premier and Premier Copper as enhanced versions of the Classic Nectar mattress with a focus on temperature regulation. Sleepers who enjoy the feel of memory foam, but require some extra cooling should consider the Nectar Premier. Those who need a lot of extra cooling should consider the Nectar Premier Copper. You may also want to consider the Premier Copper if you prefer a taller mattress.
In terms of support and comfort, neither mattress offers anything particularly unique or groundbreaking. You can expect the same contouring comfort typical of most memory foam mattresses. This is not necessarily a downside, though, as memory foam is quite reliable and Nectar has proven itself time and again as a dependable, high-quality mattress manufacturer.