Pros & Cons
- Two firmness levels for double-sided comfort
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Naturally hypoallergenic & moisture-wicking
- Poor edge support
- Mattress cover is not removable
Sizes & Pricing
The EcoSleep Hybrid mattress is available to order online in six standard sizes. Each purchase of a mattress comes with a 120-night trial, a 10-year warranty, and free shipping and returns.
- Twin – The twin mattress measures 39” x 75” x 11” and costs $899.
- Twin XL – The twin XL mattress measures 39” x 80” x 11” and costs $949.
- Full – The full mattress measures 54” x 75” x 11” and costs $1,149.
- Queen – The queen mattress measures 60” x 80” x 11” and costs $1,249.
- King – The king mattress measures 76” x 80” x 11” and costs $1,499.
- Cal King – The cal king measures 72” x 84” x 11” and costs $1,499.
Compared to other hybrid latex mattresses, the EcoSleep mattress is slightly more affordable. While a queen-sized EcoSleep mattress costs $1,249, similar models on the market typically cost around $1,500.
EcoSleep is an alternative to Brooklyn Bedding’s luxury line, made of a combination of latex and coils. It has a different firmness layer offered on each side of the mattress, offering either firm or plush support. This makes it a great choice for those who are unsure of what firmness level they prefer or even for guest rooms, where different visiting guests can choose which side fits their needs.
This hybrid mattress consists of four layers of all-natural latex foam and individually-encased coils and offers double-sided comfort.
- 5” Latex Top Layer – This plush top layer offers responsive support, gently cushioning your body as you move.
- 5” Latex Support Layer – A secondary latex layer enhances plush comfort, improving pressure relief, and encouraging neutral spinal alignment.
- 6” Base Ascension™ Coils – Up to 961 individually-wrapped, recyclable coils offer optimal pinpointed compression and limit motion transfer. This layer also helps circulate heat and air to regulate the temperature of the sleep environment.
- 5” Firm Latex – High-density latex makes up the top layer of the firm side of the mattress, providing the same benefits as the two latex layers on the reverse side, but with a firm feel.
The EcoSleep Hybrid mattress features a plush, quilted cover that combines all Joma wool and cotton. These natural fabrics have a soft, plush feel and are inherently hypoallergenic, breathable, and moisture-wicking.
This mattress cover is non-removable. Stains must be spot-cleaned only.
Firmness, Feel & Support
With two distinct comfort levels on either side of the mattress, the EcoSleep mattress offers either firm or plush support.
The firm side, with only one layer of latex, offers a gentle cushioning sensation and is recommended for stomach or back sleepers.
The plush side, with two layers of latex, offers a much more pillowy sensation. Sleepers will feel a greater sense of “sinking into” their mattress. This side is best for side sleepers.
The layer of individually-wrapped coils enhances localized pressure support and minimizes motion transfer to a small degree. Sleepers are still likely to feel motion transfer from their partners. One notable downside of the EcoSleep mattress is the lack of edge support, meaning that sleepers are more likely to feel a significant dip on the side of the bed.
Purchase & Delivery Process
Customers can only purchase the EcoSleep Hybrid mattress online. Simply select the size mattress you would like to purchase and pay in full by credit card or PayPal. EcoSleep does not offer any special financing plans.
Purchases come with a 10-year warranty, 120-night trial, and free shipping to the continental U.S. and Canada. Shipping to Hawaii or Alaska costs an additional $125.If you are not satisfied with your mattress, you may return it for a full refund during the trial period and customer support will arrange a pickup time.
While EcoSleep has a dedicated FAQ section, the rest of the brand’s customer service is handled by parent company Brooklyn Bedding. You can contact Brooklyn Bedding customer support by phone during business hours: Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 7 PM, Saturdays from 7 AM to 7:30 PM, and Sundays from 9 AM to 5 PM. You can also use the messaging form to request support.
Phone SupportCustomers can get phone support from Brooklyn Bedding customer service during business hours.
Video TutorialsThere is a video tutorial for the EcoSleep Hybrid mattress on the Brooklyn Bedding YouTube channel.
FAQAn FAQ section covers topics about the mattress, shipping, warranty, and more.
BlogEcoSleep has a blog dedicated to topics in the sleep niche.
A major selling point of the EcoSleep “customizable” double-sided comfort. Choose between medium-soft or firm support to suit your needs and preferences. Another selling point is the affordable price—compared to other latex hybrid mattresses, the EcoSleep is very reasonable.
However, the lower price is a tradeoff for an otherwise no-frills construction. The mattress is missing several features, such as edge support, a removable and washable cover, and handles, which would be useful for a mattress that is designed to be flipped regularly.
Overall, the EcoSleep Hybrid mattress is a great starter mattress for those who are curious about latex.